Kris Senanu is one of the investors in the KCB Lions Den TV show that the contestants will have to impress. “I am an experienced Pan-African Innovator and Motivator with a sociable personality and impeccable skills in relationship building which has earned me a thought leadership title regionally” .
A technically astute business leader with a track record of delivery of sales and revenue targets in a dynamic environment within the Information Communications Technology (ICT) and Infrastructure sector for the last 20 years. Demonstrable achievements in Revenue Optimization, Change Management, Leadership, Brand Development, Mergers & Acquisitions,Mentorship and Human Capital Development.
I am an experienced Pan-African Innovator and Motivator with a sociable personality and impeccable skills in relationship building which has earned me a thought leadership title regionally .
Additionally, I’m also a staunch Pan-Africanist who is passionately using his influence to support African SME businesses and mentor entrepreneurial talent, in order to catalyze Africa’s pursuit of Effective,Cohesive and Ethical leadership for development.
The Kenya Network Information Centre (KENIC) was established through the facilitation of the CA and is the registry manager for the dot KE ccTLD and its sub-domains.I am a chief champion of the adoption of the .Ke domain registry for Kenyan Businesses.
In every leader, there lies the ability to pass on knowledge and skills to the next generation and my impeccable drive in talent development earned me a seat as the youngest board member in one of Kenya’s top private business School that also happens to be my Alma matter the United States International University (USIU) www.usiu.ac.ke.
As an educational leader,I have developed significant ties with fellow board members and the student fraternity as a means of influencing decision making as a young leader that has helped the institution’s educational policy. My presence on the board also signals a paradigm shift in the leadership composition in this particular sector, which was for a long time perceived to be a reserve of seasoned educationists and civil servants.
Development of long term Talent management Strategy
The position comes with the responsibility to drive,guide and Counsel the business on matters;
– Revenue Generation: Accountable for driving better integration and alignment between all revenue-related functions, including Marketing,Sales,Customer Support,Pricing and Revenue Management
– Sales performance: As a Master Salesman, I guide the development of sales strategies and tactics to sell respective verticals product to the most valuable segment with a focus on generating the revenue for the targeted top-line and bottom-line growth
– Talent management, retention and development: Responsible for the HR function within the organization to ensure we attract, retain and grow the right talent to match business growth
– Marketing and Branding : Responsible for expenditures on marketing activities and events to generate revenue,aligning the function to tactics activities that generate the greatest possible ROI
– Regional expansion: Responsible for new market development within the greater East African region as a core area of interest for the Group
– Solution Architecture: Oversee the development of properly identified markets and segments, with products defined for each
– Pricing strategies and pricing execution: Ensure optimal prices for each solutions that correlate with the market’s perceived value of the solution.
– Delivery: Responsible for the quality of revenue generation activities that impact the company’s ability to maximize revenue
– Customer Satisfaction: Oversee the Corporate Communication processes to maintain a complete customer feedback loop for customer satisfaction (VOC)
Established in 1999 by Technology Stakeholders as a channel to engage government on sector policy and regulatory issues,TESPOK is the industry body that furthers and pursues for favorable policy/regulation on key issues affecting the access to and adoption of ICT across the country.
In my role,the body has earned recognition through enabling the passage of several critical developmental bills that are attributable to the conducive ICT operating environment that Kenyans enjoy, leading to globally recognized innovation and growth.
This has enabled players in the ICT sector and the government enjoy an open collaborative relationship representative and engaging in the policy formulation process.
This role saw me develop the Group’s Internet Business sales strategic direction and plan for their execution,Setting business targets at a time when the ICT business was getting defined.With the analysis and determination in earning the company a place in market,I ably delivered on;
– Growth of Access Kenya Group’s revenue from US$2,000 to US$25 Million since 2008 and a total asset value of 3 Billion,thereby earning Access Kenya Brand Equity as the best Corporate ISP provider in the larger East African region;
– Strategic and Performance Management during the public listing of Access Kenya on the Nairobi Securities Exchange Limited. The first listed ICT Company in the region;
– Network roll out and expansion towards the last mile connectivity in Kenya.
A preview of what LinkedIn members have to say about Kris:
Kris Senanu’s management style is both poetic and seemless. He executes with precision and is always there to guide your step (though he is also not afraid to let you fall on your face as through falling a lession is always learnt). He’s ability to work with people only makes you yearn to add value to his creativity or conceptualise his objectives.
I have known Kris since we shared dreams in our mid teens. I have always found him trustworthy, transparent, focussed and very driven! Kris has always had a good head for strong leads, enabling him to generate significant business and has the discipline to take ownership and to see things through. I have studied with him and worked with him on some significant projects. I am proud to call him a very good friend and a most capable colleague.